Monday, January 04, 2010






We are having the First Annual Hawk's Walk for a Cure and Awareness on May 1 at Fiddler's Grove, Lebanon, Tn.

http://hawkswalk.weebly.com/index.html

Trying to bring awareness and a cure for Pediatric Brain Tumors and especially DIPG. We miss Hawk so much. It's been almost 3 years since he left. Three years since we've seen him, heard his voice, heard his laugh. When I write about it, it's almost too much.

I would love to see him again. See his enthusiasm for life. But I know it's not possible during my life here. Now I'm crying.

We love you our precious Hawk and miss you so much. The other day, Skyla (Hawk's little sister) was talking and I asked her who she was talking to and she said "Bubba" (Hawk). She said that she talks to him all the time. She is now the age he was when he left. Our family will never ever get over losing this precious little boy. EVER.

JESUS SAID, "LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME TO ME, AND DO NOT HINDER THEM, FOR THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN BELONGS TO SUCH AS THESE." MATTHEW 19:14

visit: www.icouldbeyourchild.org and read about the children and the foundations and ways you can help.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mrs. Gwen,
You don't know me, but I am an old friend of the McPeak family. My father was the minister of the Church of Christ they attended in Durham, NC. I babysat Lindy and Lance when I was a teenager there. Fast Forward 20+ years. When my husband retired from the military we stumbled across Lebanon and it has been our home for the past 7 years. We have a 10 yr. daughter.

My father told me that the McPeaks had retired to Lebanon and that we should look them up (we knew NOBODY in this town). They invited us to church with them and then out to lunch. That was when I met Hawk. What a treat!!! He was so cute and chubby and happy (maybe 14 months?) and it was clear his grandparents were smitten.

Sadly, I later heard of his tumor and simply couldn't believe it. We weren't able to do much, but did work some on Lindy's new house makeover. We followed the blogs and prayed like crazy. My heart broke when we heard the news of his passing. I remember at the visitation really dreading seeing his body, but he had the sweetest, most peaceful smile on his face and I knew he was with God.

I heard you and Lindy on the radio this morning - we will definitely be at Hawk's Walk. God Bless you and your family for trying to spare others this tragedy.

Beth Gracyalny