Friday, February 10, 2006

This is a flyer that was given out for the prayer service for Hawk on December 28, 2005. I tried to scan it and copy it to this site, but it was so small, that it was hard to read it, so I've retyped it word for word.

Our family appreciates so much the elders and prayer ministry and everyone who attended the prayer service for Hawk at College Hills Church of Christ


Prayer Service for Hawk Smith
Wednesday, December 28, 2005

May God be glorified. We gather in stunned pain and tenacious hope to plead in prayer for a young child's recovery, for his family's strength, for his medical help's wisdom. We beg a nurturing spirit and commitment to prayer in all of us who love and care for this child and his family that we may stand in unwavering support for them, ministering to them as the Lord would have us, praying in their stead when exhaustion overcomes them.

II Corinthians 1:3-5 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

Psalm 139:8-10 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.

We pray in the faith that our Lord has never failed us in His love. In our frailty we long for assurance that Hawk rests in the palm of God's precious hand.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

THE WORDS OF JESUS "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in Me." John 14:1

He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. " And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me...." Matthew 18:2-5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It pains me every time I learn of another child with this terrible cancer. James looks like a wonderful, sweet boy. I will pray that he will beat this demon and live a long and healthy life.

My name is Jeff and my 6 year old son, Justin, also has a DIPG. He was diagnosed 1/19/06. We live in New Hampshire. He had radiation and chemotherapy earlier this year and is now on a Phase II trial of Antineoplastons through Burzynski Clinic.

I will spread the word of your James and will watch his progress as he makes his way to full recovery.

With hope,
Jeff Bissett
www.justinfund.com