Friday, November 03, 2006


To Hawk:

"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call upon me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation." Psalm91: 14-16


One of my favorite scriptures
Psalm 121
I lift up my eyes to the hills--
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip--
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you--
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm--
he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

Jeremiah 29:11

" For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "

God is good. I know that He holds Hawk in the palm of His hand. I know that He has good plans for him, both now and forevermore.

May God bless all of you who are praying for Hawk. Please pray for all of these children who suffer from this disease:
Matthew McGowanwww.caringbridge.org/visit/matthewmcgowan
Chase Sammutchasesammut.blogspot.com
J.J. Lipskihttp://www.jjsmiracle.com/
Leslie Schmidtwww.caringbridge.org/visit/leslieschmidt
Naomi Reisler (her soul continues her journey toward perfect love 7/6/06)www.caringbridge.org/visit/naomir
Alicia Martinhttp://www.aliciahopefund.com/
Kate Hrischukwww.caringbridge.org/visit/katehrischuk
Kortney Gillette (spread her wings and flew to heaven 4/27/06)www.caringbridge.org/visit/kgillette
James Neubauerwww.caringbridge.org/in/james
Maria McNamarahttp://www.prayersformaria.com/
Kayla Luciuswww.caringbridge.org/visit/kaylalucius
Cooper Bell (accepted his invitation to join our father in Heaven 9/13/06)www.caringbridge.org/visit/cooperbell
Trevor Palmerkinbuzz.org/trevor/journal.html
Aidan Zaugghttp://www.whynotaidan.com/
Dylan DiLaurohttp://www.saveourdylan.net/
Katya Polishchuk(she passed away peacefully in her home surrounded by herfamily members 11/1/06)www.uoregon.edu/~vaintrob/katya
Grant Truhlerwww.caringbridge.org/visit/grant
Ariana Samarashttp://www.arianasamaras.com/
Devan Williamshttp://www.aprayerfordevan.com/

Gus Lilleyhttp://www.guslilley.com/
Hannah Hatlen(surrounded by family, she fought right to the end 10/31/06) beachgroveliving.spaces.live.com
Leo Dubinsky (surrounded by family, Leo's pain, misery and suffering ended 10/23/06) leodubinsky.blogspot.com
Makenzie Tankhttp://www.carepages.com/makenzietank/ (registration required)

This is an e-mail I got from nice lady. I thought it was nice and wanted to share it:

Hi Gwen,

I just read your blog for the first time and my heart goes out to Hawk and your whole family. Your blog is such a wonderful testimony too. In spite of heartaches, you all are remaining faithful to our Lord, while also witnessing to thousands (maybe millions) of people. Sometimes I wonder if this is why God allows such sadness in our lives. He is using you and precious little Hawk for His glory. Yes, I will be praying for Hawk (and the little girl you mentioned) daily. And I will also pray that you and your family will continue to be blessed with a strong faith and belief in miracles.

When I was a child (about 10) my mother developed a lump in her breast which needed to be removed right away. My mother wanted to travel by plane to her hometown of Lewisburg, TN, because she knew the doctors there. However, the morning she was to leave, the airport was closed because of 2 feet of snow (Asheville, N.C.) Although my parents were real upset with this delay, we all knelt down by the sofa and prayed for healing. The very next day, the lump in Mom’s breast was gone. She immediately saw her doctor so he could examine it further. He was floored! He said, “I don’t know what you’re doing, but I would suggest you keep on doing it.” That was when my mother took the opportunity to tell her doctor about the Lord and what all He had done for her.

Just one more personal story—33 years ago I gave birth to identical twin girls. They had seizures, kidney problems, liver problems, etc. The Lord blessed us with these girls for 10 months, and we loved every minute we had with them. But after God called them Home, we heard from hundreds of strangers who we had never met. They told us how much they had been touched by these babies.

So you never know just how many hearts are being touched. Sorry I got a little carried away with my email—but Hawk has certainly touched me. God is certainly ALIVE and He still performs miracles in 2006! That’s what I will be praying for and I will pass your blog address on to friends who are believers.

By the way, I will bookmark your blog so I can check back frequently.

Thanks for ‘listening’,

Mary Huckaby
Charleston, S.C.

No comments: